The refugee camp will be making its way back soon*. (*in Knockout Time™)
But we were thinking that maybe the name "refugee camp" is a bit old fashioned ...Or is it?

What do you think? What should the appeal subforum be called?
agree
idea
disagree

punishment hole for bad little kids to beg for forgiveness. scream, scream your little hearts out and beg for us to free you from your digital shackles
funny
agree

I think Refugee Camp is fine, maybe with a description added. I feel like something like "Time-Out Corner" would be too cheeky/rude but calling it "Ban Appeals" sounds too clinical.

Edit: Or what Riley said
agree

Red Member Container
agree
funny
artistic

In the spirit of "knockout" I volunteer a sports-style name like "The Sideline" or "The Penalty Box"

edit: The Penalty Box has a box reference built in so that's my horse in this race
agree
idea
disagree
winner

I vote Tartarus
agree

My toss in the hat is simply Appeals - its a neutral term that can apply for both bans and other issues.
disagree
agree
funny
idea

call it the oify
funny
agree

The ballpit

It's fun to look at, but smells like piss when you're thrown in it
funny
agree
winner

most of the members know refugee camp so it should continue as such in my opinion.
agree

Just going throw some names that could be used.

Appeals Court
Detention Center
The Lockup/The Slammer/The Big House
agree

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-2AepuPTH4[/youtube]

(also I really like "Lock Up")
funny
agree
idea
winner

[quote mentionsUser="2114" postId="673975" threadPage="1" threadId="20060" username="DeVotchKa"]I think Refugee Camp is fine, maybe with a description added. I feel like something like "Time-Out Corner" would be too cheeky/rude but calling it "Ban Appeals" sounds too clinical.

Edit: Or what Riley said[/quote]

I personally don't like the name "Refugee Camp"; I feel as if it's a bit tacky given the situation in real life refugee camps and the misery that comes with it.

I'm on board with any of the following,

Locker
Lock-Up
Appeals
Banned Subforum
agree

The naughty step

[b]Edited:[/b]

Is there anything boxing related? We're called knockout, we have a boxing glove as an icon...

[quote mentionsUser="1161" postId="674007" threadPage="1" threadId="20060" username="Emperor Scorpious II"]I personally don't like the name "Refugee Camp"; I feel as if it's a bit tacky given the situation in real life refugee camps and the misery that comes with it.

I'm on board with any of the following,

Locker
Lock-Up
Appeals
Banned Subforum[/quote]

That's a good point. In which case i'll second Sonador

[quote mentionsUser="1086" postId="673980" threadPage="1" threadId="20060" username="Sonador"]In the spirit of "knockout" I volunteer a sports-style name like "The Sideline" or "The Penalty Box"

edit: The Penalty Box has a box reference built in so that's my horse in this race[/quote]
friendly

I'm all for it so long as I can view it. It's like a fucking Zoo.
funny
agree

[quote mentionsUser="1086" postId="673980" threadPage="1" threadId="20060" username="Sonador"]The Penalty Box[/quote]

I like this one a lot
agree
friendly

"penalty box" is probably the best choice if they want to have a little fun with the naming, since it still has clear "this is a punishment area" connotations to it. of course, if a more serious name is the desire, then one of the more neutral ones is better off, "appeals" or wotever.
friendly

The Cube
funny

[quote mentionsUser="5042" postId="674044" threadPage="1" threadId="20060" username="eliktroniq"]"penalty box" is probably the best choice if they want to have a little fun with the naming, since it still has clear "this is a punishment area" connotations to it. of course, if a more serious name is the desire, then one of the more neutral ones is better off, "appeals" or wotever.[/quote]

It doesn't necessarily have to be a super serious name.

The decision to change the name comes from the fact that, we have the option to do it, "refugee camp" is tackles, and it ought to be some original to KO rather than another relic of FP.
agree